At De Goudsbloem, an assortment of fossils is for sale all year round. Fossils appeal to our imagination. Everything you touch is millions of years old. Our kids love it. Seeing fossil shark teeth already enraptures them.
What do we have in stock at De Goudsbloem?
- Shark teeth. From very small to the largest shark teeth. These shark teeth are available separately but are also packed with a nice display card. For the real guys they are tied to a leather thread and it can be worn around the neck.
- Orthoceras. They were beautiful beasts and these fossils are 400 million years old. The orthoceras fossils are common worldwide and are very similar to today's squid.
- Desert rose. Is a mixture of the mineral gypsum and sand grains that are embedded in the crystal lattice of the mineral. It is not a pure mineral, nor is it a rock in the strict sense. Desert roses are very popular collectibles. In complementary medicine, beneficial effects are attributed to the desert rose. It provides insight and flexibility. Works well with chronic fatigue and radiation. Gives the wearer new options and possibilities.
- Trilobites. The trilobites are among the best known fossils and are much older than the ammonites or dinosaurs and have known an enormous diversity during the Paleozoic with over 15,000 species.
- Mosasaur teeth. The Mosasaurus lived about 270 million years ago and was a lizard. They were huge. This is clearly visible in the teeth that we sell here. There are many questions about the Mosasaurus, whether or not they were a reptile. Most fossil finds were in coastal waters but also in freshwater lakes. It seems that the animal was suitable for various aquatic environments.